This 25 Things meme is all over Facebook. I was hit with it a few times, but being the rebel that I am, I decided to post it here instead. The “rules” state that I have to tag 25 people when I’m done, but I’m not going to. If you want to post your own, go for it. Hey, it’s all part of the whole rebel extravaganza.
1. I don’t always make the best first impression. I’m shy and quiet and awkward when I first meet most people.
2. Sometimes I make references to test the intelligence of those around me (this probably has something to do with #1).
3. I have never stopped watching cartoons.
4. I love spicy food. Like really spicy. I like when I bite into something and it makes my eyes tear, my nose burn, and my teeth hurt.
5. I drink the equivalent of two full pots of coffee every day.
6. I’ve loved history since the 10th grade, when I took AP European History and an elective on WWII and the Holocaust.
7. I cook…not just for sustenance, but because I actually enjoy the process, but I also love crappy fast/instant food.
8. I’m confident in my abilities, but frequently think I’m not good enough.
9. I am afraid of heights and small boats.
10. If I collect a series of books, they must all have the same binding. This means I’m usually at least a year behind on series. So far, the only exception has been the Star Wars novels and Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files.
11. I don’t believe in guilty pleasures. If I like a book, movie, song, or TV show, I see no reason to feel ashamed about it.
12. I’ve recently developed an affinity for sweater vests.
13. I really hate talking about myself (which is making this list a living nightmare).
14. I’ve been to London, but haven’t been to Canada or Mexico.
15. I’ve seen the original Star Wars trilogy so many times that I can listen to the soundtrack and name the movie, the scene, and recite the dialogue about 9 times out of 10.
16. I’m not sure if there’s a God, but I believe, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that there are ghosts, aliens, Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness Monster.
17. In 12th grade, I took AP English because a girl I had a crush on took it, too.
18. I’ve never lived any place other than New York City. Furthermore, I’ve never lived in any borough except Brooklyn.
19. When I’m annoyed, I’m more likely to say “bugger” or “bollocks” than an American alternative. The exception being “aw crap.”
20. I’ve liked writing and drawing for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I wrote and illustrated a book about Ewoks. About a year later, I wrote and illustrated the sequel. I’m pretty sure my mom still has them somewhere.
21. I hate books, movies, and TV shows about effeminate, foppish, emo vampires. Vampires are feral, parasitic corpses and should be treated as such.
22. I’ve always wanted to be a voice actor–like Mel Blanc, Daws Butler, or Rob Paulsen.
23. On more than one occasion, I’ve thought about what I’d have to do if I were forced to live on the run, Fugitive-style.
24. I’m not very good at traditional sports like baseball, basketball, or soccer, but I’m surprisingly good at pool and bowling. (“Surprisingly good” is a relative term based solely on my aforementioned lack of standard athletic ability.)
25. Even though I’m a born and bred city kid, I’d love to be able to move to a secluded cabin in the wilds of Maine.